Buying good oil for car
Drivers say that the engine is the heart of the vehicle. It needs good care and regular check, if you want it to work properly. That is the reason why choosing oil for car is immensely important. You can always go the easiest way and consult the manufacturer’s manual to check what automotive lubricants are good for your car. At the same time drivers should understand the difference between different car oil types to know how they help function different engines.
Viscosity is the main criterion for choosing oil. Viscosity is the fluids resistance to flow. Manufacturers usually suggest two or more motor oil viscosities such as 5W-20 or 5W-30. The explanation for this is simple: engines often need a different viscosity based on operating condition.
Car oil types
- Conventional oil. Conventional oil is the cheapest and most widely used oil this is a good choice for those, who frequently changes oil and have low-mile engines,
- Premium conventional oil. This is a typical oil that goes in new cars. It is available in common viscosities. Car manufacturers recommend 5W-20 or 5W-30 oil, though some need 10W-30.
- High mileage oil. Most cars that you see on the roads have run more than 80 miles. This type of oil has seal conditioners that increase performance of engine and protects it.
- Full synthetic oil. Synthetic oil is more expensive than conventional oil and it does not suit any engine. This type of oil is used for high-tech engines. Full synthetic oil has superior and long-lasting performance and protects the engine from overheating. If you are considering synthetic oil, check manufacturer manual to see whether it suits your car engine.
- Synthetic blend oil. This is premium conventional oil with some blend of synthetic. This oil ensures better protection of engine associated with higher temperatures. This oil is frequently bought by owners of SUVs because it offers good protection during off-road driving.
The best car oil brands
Based on different criteria drivers prefer buying the following brands of car oil:
- Mobil 1
- Total Lubricants
- Pennzoil Motor Oil
Where to buy car oil
Car oil can be purchased in all auto stores. However, despite a long list of car oil brands the price for most of them is huge. High-quality oil will not be cheap but there is always a possibility to find a cheaper offer for the same product on the internet. This is the reason why so many drivers buy oils on the internet. Online shops have a wide range of products. Car oil selector helps find oils of different brands with the same viscosity. Car oil comparison tool is extremely useful when you need to compare features of similar oils of different brands. In addition to good price and a wide range of oils, online shop offer various discount and car oil deals. Permanent customers are always the first to receive information about upcoming deals. Become a loyal customer and enjoy numerous advantages of online shopping.